For a large portion of the country, winter means frigid temperatures and falling snow. However, some places are lucky enough to experience idyllic conditions year-round, and the Gulf Coast is one of those places. Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals has the perfect vacation home options for snowbirds looking to trade in the snow for the sand. Have all the comforts of home while being close to some of the best things to do on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
A Checklist of Top Activities and Attractions
On average, temperatures in places like Sarasota range from the 50s to 70s in the winter months. Spend time soaking in the Florida sunshine without worrying about excessive layers or only being able to spend short periods outside. No matter where you stay along the Gulf Coast, there is plenty to do and see to keep you busy all winter long.
- Those looking to hit the golf courses will have plenty of options. If you’re staying near Englewood, try your hand at one of the local courses like Oyster Creek Golf Club. Other popular options include Legacy Golf Club and Venice Golf & Country Club.
- Let the waves gently rock you back and forth as you explore area waterways on a boat rental. There are plenty of local services throughout the area, like Abe’s Boat Rentals and Cool Breeze Boat & Jet Ski Rentals, that can set you up with the perfect vessel for your excursion.
- While your vacation rental has a fully equipped kitchen, it’s sometimes nice to leave the cooking to someone else. Switch things up and try one of the nearby restaurants to experience local cuisine from places like Lock ‘N Key Restaurant & Pub.
- When you’re ready for an air-conditioning break, make your way to a local museum. Wander the collection of antique cars found at the Sarasota Classic Car Museum. As the largest natural history museum on Florida’s Gulf Coast, The Bishop Museum is filled with a wide range of exhibits and areas to explore.
- The crystal waters off the coast are the perfect place to cast your line and do a bit of fishing. Let expert local guides from Awestruck Fishing Charters, a Bradenton charter, or Magic Fishing Adventures, a Sarasota charter, show you the best spots to drop anchor.
Book Your Winter Getaway with Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals
With rentals from Terra Ceia Bay to Boca Grande, snowbirds will have their pick of communities when they book their winter escape with Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals. No matter which accommodation you select, you’ll be surrounded by top-notch things to do on the Gulf Coast of Florida.
Our rental properties come in a range of sizes and styles, which means you can find the one that fits your budget and needs best. If you’re looking to bring your four-legged family member along, browse our pet-friendly rentals. For more information on our rentals and their amenities or special offers, call 844-548-5637.